This August my little Hallie turned 5! She has always acted like she was 16 and now she is one year closer. She had patiently (or not so patiently) waited for her birthday to come after seeing how much fun Kyle’s was. The day finally arrived and on the morning of her birthday she woke up to a present and some roses. (She LOVED getting flowers. She claimed they were her favorite present of the day!)
That afternoon we had her party at Cloverdale park. With our move only days away I couldn’t imagine having a party at our house. It seemed to work out nicely at the park. (Besides the ice cream melting more than we would have liked.) The kids played, then ate, then played some more. It was perfect.
Because I knew this was the last time Hallie would see most of her friends I decided to take pictures of her with each friend. Our family was blessed with great friends in Virginia. We have all really been missing them. I am the type of person that gets so emotional I would rather avoid thinking about certain things. Looking through these pictures has forced me to think about all our friends we had to leave. Now I am getting emotional as I blog.
Thank you everyone who came for Hallie’s party! It was a fabulous afternoon. I wish we could do it again. Especially in the beautiful fall weather I know you all are having in Virginia right now.
Hallie Birthday Interview
1. What is your favorite color? Rainbow sparkles 2. What is your favorite toy? Barbie unicorn ; 3. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
4. What is your favorite tv (netflix) show? Littlest pet shop.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cereal
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dresses
7. What is your favorite game? Mouse Trap
8. What is your favorite snack? Ice Cream
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses and Unicorns
10. What is your favorite song? Walk Tall you are a Daughter of God. (I sing this to her every night before bed.)
11. What is your favorite book? Tangled
12. Who is your best friend? Olivia Livingston, Gabby Graham, and Kyle.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Marshmellow. (Lucky Charms)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the sprinkler and go swimming.
15. What is your favorite drink? Soda pop
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Pink Teddy Bear
18. What do you to eat for breakfast? Toast, oatmeal or cereal. (With our move we have been eating more cereal than normal.)
19. What do you like to do every day? Watch movies and play with friends.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom
As a mom I could not be prouder of the little girl you are. You are kind, sweet, smart and often sassy. You think you know everything which helps you be independent. You love people and hate being alone. Friends make your world a better place and you have been blessed with a lot of good ones. Always be kind and you will attract amazing people who will help make you even better. Love God and love your family. Be thankful for all of your many talents. You have been blessed with several! You are my world and I could not possibly love you anymore than I already do! Happy 5th Birthday my Hallie bug.